Below are some ideas for questions that should provoke enlightening answers. You can probably think of others. Make a note of them at the end of the section.
Thoughtful - wider social context
- If you were Prime Minister what would you change?
- Who would you invite to a dinner party if it could be anyone, living or dead?
- If you could live in any period of history, when would it be and why?
- If you won million pounds on the lottery how would you spend it?
- What do you admire in other people and why?
- What is the one thing you would change in your town and why?
Explore current situation
- If you were in charge of the ward, what would you do?
- If you were your own doctor, what advice would you give yourself?
- If you could be anywhere now, where would it be?
- What is the one thing you are craving today?
- What music would you play on Desert Island Discs to represent where you are right now in your life?
- How would your best friend or mum or dad describe you?
- What is your favourite book of all time and why?
- What is the wierdest habit or quirk you have?
- What is unique about you that makes you special?
- Which country you have always wanted to visit and why?
- What are your passion - what moves you?
- SIx adjectives to describe yourself are?
- What makes your skin crawl?
- What job would you do if you could do anything at all?
- Favourite cartoon, cereal and activity as a child?
- Who has been the most encouraging person in your life and how?
More thought provoking
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- Do you believe in God or a higher power?
- Has anyone ever said something to you that you couldn't forget or forgive them for, and what was it?
- What is something you couldn't live without and why?
- What are three things or events that have made you who you are today?
- What are some of your pet peeves?
- If you had the resources to set up something you have an interest or passion for, what would it be?
- As a child, who was an important influence in your life?
- Do you have anything about youself that you would like to change, if talent, ability and money were not limiting factors?
- What is the worst lie you have ever made up to get out of work or school?
- What was your most embarrassing moments?
- If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be?
- If you could stop time at your happiest moment in the past, when would it be?
- What that makes you smile?
- What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
- What was one of your most memorable jobs and why?
- What is the worst job you've ever had?
- What is the most inspiring book you've ever read?
- If you could edit your past, what would you change?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- What song would you like played at your funeral?
- What is the closest you’ve come to death?
- Where would you most like to be right now?
- What makes you miserable?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What does love feel like?
- What traits do you have to thank your parents for?